Thursday, October 14, 2010

Vital Steps,

Elder Meza, who I serve alongside a missionary, and I were explaining repentance to someone we met earlier last week.  She had recognized some changes she needed to make in her life, to reflect the faith she now had in Jesus Christ and his example.  We taught her about repentance, and then wanted something for her to watch later to review what we shared.  I couldn't find anything engaging that listed the basic steps of repentance.  (If you find something, I'd still love to put it on my blog.)  So that we have something to share now, I made a Prezi all about repentance.

All of us find ourselves in that situation, when we start having more faith in Christ and grow to love him.  In that situation, we find we need to cast off the natural man, or change the part of us that would make us feel uncomfortable in God's presence.  When we talk about repentance, we mean that process by which we change ourselves to become the kind of people who have nothing to worry about in God's presence, who know they've done the best we can.
Elder Meza, who has been to far too many doctors for a 20 year-old, talked about just how vital repentance is on his blog. Let's chat: Too many doctors!!!  He talked about how we all need to repent just as much as some on sick needs a doctor.   Jesus Christ is our physician, and if we will accept his help through the steps he's given us, we can be healed.

1 comment:

Elder Victor Moxley said...

Sister Barras in Michigan did a great job of explaining why forgiving others and ourselves is such an important part of repentance. In her blog she explains that it takes a lot of patience. That's something I hadn't said much about. She also pointed out that it can be the hardest step.
http://sistersarabarras.blogspot.com/2010/09/forgiving-others-and-ourselves.html

Post a Comment