...of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! -Romans 10:15 Following the footsteps of Victor & Janell Moxley and publishing peace, good tidings, and salvation through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Sunday, October 13, 2013
Janell at Work (Episode 2)
A month or so ago I was made a team leader. This last Friday I experienced one of the joys of this position. It was in question all day whether or not a particular individual on my team would earn the week bonus. When I informed him that he had, he got giddy and replied that if I needed him to stay and help a bit longer, he could. A little surprised that he would offer when he was so anticipating leaving early, I told him I could always use more help if he really wanted to stay. He replied, "No, you're supposed to say, 'Oh, how sweet of you to offer, but you should go and enjoy your weekend. You've been working so hard this week.'" This made my day, as it reminded me of my siblings--sweet-talking to put words in my mouth when I was put responsible and they needed my permission.
No comments:
Post a Comment