Saturday, February 12, 2011

Audia's Baptism

Not long ago, Audia shared her testimony on this blog before she was baptized.  This last weekend, Audia was baptized after several months of preparation.  I asked her for her testimony again to share on this blog.

It's been a couple of days since I was baptized, and I've felt incredible and amazing.  Everyone at church has been so happy for me that I made a great choice.  When I got baptized, it was a dream come true.  That dream was finding a church that liked me and I liked them.  I have no trouble at all with paying attention and focusing like my other church.  I had trouble with that every  day. I look forward to church eagerly.  I really enjoy it so much I'm not leaving. I found where I belong.  


Audia and Elder Kump dressed up for the baptism.
Since I've been going, I can't stop smiling.  I am so amazed on how much I've changed.   Whenever I leave, I leave knowing things I never knew before, and I love it.  There is no way, no how, that I'm leaving this church now that I'm a member.  I'm glad I did that research and gave it a chance. I thought I would have to go from church-to-church looking for the one but not in this case.  It feels good knowing I have true friends that I love, and they love me and care about me. I've never felt so loved.  I never realized I have so many friends, and I hope these feelings I've experienced never end.


I keep saying I'm a Mormon; it sounds so good to say.  I consider the church my home away from home.  It's where I forget my worries and I feel at peace.  I hope I can keep going as long as I can.

This church brought me closer to Jesus Christ.  I've come closer to Jesus Christ by knowing him better and the truth.  My faith in Christ affected my perspective on life:  People don't bother me as much.  Looking at things, I've become a bigger person.  I know it is true by the feeling of peace in my heart when I went to my first day of church.  At my actual baptism, I was so happy my knees were weak and I felt this overwhelming joy in my spirit.   I chose to get baptized rather than just coming to church, because I wanted to be part of the truth, and I wanted that feeling of peace of in spirit to continue.  That's why I wanted to become a member of the church, which is the true church.  I'm proud of being a Mormon and I love it.  This has been a great experience of my life.  I'm glad I took that first step; that's how all this got started, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I've been happier and less depressed.  There is no way I would leave, not even if someone bribed me.  That's how dedicated I am to my faith.  

Whenever I study, I feel good, and I'm making God happy and the Lord my Savior happy when I read and pray too.  But when I forget to do those things, I feel like I’m letting him down and it makes me feel bad.  So, I put in the extra effort to remember to do those things.  It's amazing how that affects me, especially since I joined this church and this faith.  I feel good about myself and proud of myself for the hard work I’ve done and the change I’ve been through in so little time.  It still amazes me that I still haven't given up.  I’ll never give up, never, because I’ll always have the Holy Ghost and church as long as I’m able to go, because I have friends there.  It's been such a great joy for me. 

I never used to know what I was before I came here; now I do.  It's awesome knowing what I am and it's a great feeling now. I"ve learned that joesph smith was
a messanger of god and that he was killed for it It will never stop, and I don't want it to.  I’ve learned so much through my trials and experiences, and I love it.  Whenever I’m feeling down, I read book of mormon and it makes me forget my worries for a couple of minutes, and afterwards I feel better.  I love the way it does that.  Studying it a book called true to the faith helps me take my mind off of things; that's why I try to read and pray and study.  I try every day to for at least an hour and it ends up being two hours.  It's so good I lose track of time.  It helps me get through the day that much easier and helps it be a great day, especially when I have temptations. It makes them go away and helps me through them, which is awesome.
  
I love this church and Jesus Christ is my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment