Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Story: Audia

It all started when I did my research on the Mormons and I went to Mormon.org. I wanted to leave my old church and get a new church, a new faith, which will help me change for the better. On Mormon.org I met some ladies and they gave me a number for the bishop and his wife then his wife gave me a number for 2 missionaries. So I called and that following Wednesday I met them and that Sunday I went to my first day of Mormon Church and since then I’ve stuck to it.

I decided to be baptized to be an official member of the church because I knew in my heart that it was my new church where I belong. To me, baptism means getting a new life and getting rid of the old and becoming a new person; which is why my testimony is my new life is my LDS faith and it's true and no one can tell me different. It helped me change my life and me I felt a change since coming to this church and I’m sticking to it.  No one can make me leave. I'm happy where I am and I enjoy it. I have friends who I love dearly, who I care about and they care about me.

My favorite scripture is Mosiah 5:7 because it's who I became:
My four year-old cat Socks
"And now, because of the covenant which ye have made ye shall be called the children of Christ, his sons, and his daughters; for behold, this day he hath spiritually begotten you; for ye say that your hearts are changed through faith on his name; therefore, ye are born of him and have become his sons and his daughters."
Also Psalm 37:5, because the Lord will take care of the people who picked on me and harassed me in due time and I shouldn't be worried: "Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."

I'm excited for when I'm ready to be baptized in the upcoming months.



-by Audia

2 comments:

Janell Stears said...

Audia,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful testimony of the joy you are finding in coming closer to our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ. Many individuals, even life-time long members, hesitate to share their testimony because they feel inadequate, especially when comparing theirs to the testimonies of others who share life changing experiences (not to mention that public speaking is ranked a greater fear than death).

We learn line upon line and precept on precept (Doctrine & Covenants 98:12). It is just fine that we do not have a full knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ right now; this is why we are here on earth—to learn.

In my mind the best testimony to share with others is an honest and simple one. Then, the Holy Ghost will bear record of the truth of our words. At baptism, we afterward had our hands placed upon our head and were pronounced the blessing to receive the Holy Ghost. Let us receive him. What does this mean?

Missionaries are very familiar with these verses as they challenge investigators to read the Book of Mormon: Moroni 10:4-7

4-And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

5-And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

6-And whatsoever thing is good is just and true; wherefore, nothing that is good denieth the Christ, but acknowledgeth that he is.

7-And ye may know that he is, by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore I would exhort you that ye deny not the power of God; for he worketh by power, according to the faith of the children of men, the same today and tomorrow, and forever.

The Holy Ghost bears record of all truth. Even beyond reading the scriptures and pleading to God in prayer, these same principles apply; the Holy Ghost can be our consistent and constant companion if we let him. We let him by becoming sensitive (aware and submissive) to the promptings he provides. The more we listen, the more he will speak to us. “If any man have ears to hear, let him hear” (Mark 4:23; 7:16).

Janell Stears said...

[Audia, cont.]

Elder Dallin H. Oaks, of the quorum of the twelve apostles, taught:
“A testimony of the gospel is a personal witness borne to our souls by the Holy Ghost that certain facts of eternal significance are true and that we know them to be true. Such facts include the nature of the Godhead and our relationship to its three members, the effectiveness of the Atonement, and the reality of the Restoration.” (Elder Dallin H. Oaks, “Testimony”, 5 April 2008).
I recommend reading his entire talk: http://lds.org/general-conference/2008/04/testimony?lang=eng

I love the scriptures you shared, particularly these parts:
"…your hearts are changed through faith on his name…" (Mosiah 5:7)
"Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass." (Psalms 37:5)

Every skill, talent, and gift requires practice to develop. It is when we live and share what we know to be true that the Holy Ghost bears witness in that very moment to our minds and heart an added measure of confirmation and peace, strengthening personal testimony even more. The Lord is mindful of us; He knows us by name; and He and His influence for good is ever with us as we seek His righteous way.

Exercise faith & trust in Him. “For behold, again I say unto you that if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do. (2 Ne 32:5)
“Open your mouths and they shall be filled, and you shall become even as Nephi of old, who journeyed from Jerusalem in the wilderness.” (D&C 33:8) The Holy Ghost will show you what you should do and say.

I bare witness of these truths. I have seen evidence of the influence of the Holy Ghost in my life; and as I recognize and acknowledge the source of this good to be of God, my testimony is strengthened. In the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, amen.

Post a Comment