Wednesday, December 8, 2010

BCC Zeitcast 4.3: The Cyber Elders

Serving online, I've had the opportunity to meet a wild variety of many wonderful members of the church.  Many of them are engaged in their faith through the online community.  Following the suggestion of some of my missionary leadership (not breaking any mission rules),  I was searching members blogs for ideas for my own, and ways to reach out in the online community.  One of the blogs I stumbled on was By Common Consent.  The most recent post touched on a topic I had recently shared my perspective on here on How Beautiful are the Feet....  It created quite a stir when I commented on the topic, and made no attempt to hide my identity as a full-time missionary.  Mormon missionaries usually aren't on the internet except to email home.  After some mutual misunderstandings of what was going on, that were a result of the inconspicuous nature of our mission, Scott B, one of the authors of the blog did some more research into my background and online missionaries.  Scott conducted an interview with Elder Meza, my companion, and I on Skype and posted it on By Common Consent.  The interview is an hour long, and focuses more on Elder Meza's and my experiences as online missionaries, than the actual logistics of the mission, but word is spreading.
BCC Zeitcast 4.3: The Cyber Elders

No comments:

Post a Comment