I've watched people transform their lives, overcoming addictions when they felt hopelessly lost, set their lives straight after making choices which they feared would always haunt them, and repair relationships they thought they'd destroyed. In each of these the light of Jesus Christ was clearly present and pushing people to make those changes. I've even changed a great deal myself and become much more patient with other people and our Father in heaven.
At times in my mission, I really needed a miracle and the Lord came through for me, even though I doubt I deserved help in such a grand manner as the Lord chose. Thinking about what my life will be like after my mission, I feel especially blessed. It seems the Lord has been tweaking things on my behalf as I've been serving him. Looking at some of the things that he has done for me, I know I don't possibly deserve all of it. Today I was reading a verse in the Book of Mormon, which felt like King Benjamin was speaking to me:
And secondly, he doth require that ye should do as he hath commanded you; for which if ye do, he doth immediately bless you; and therefore he hath paid you. And ye are still indebted unto him, and are, and will be, forever and ever; therefore, of what have ye to boast? [Mosiah 2:24]I know that our Father in heaven has many more blessings he wants to give all of us. We certainly don't deserve all of them, but as a loving Father he desires to offer them to us if we will only keep his commandments. In the long run he desires to offer us immortality and eternal life like he has. That's certainly not something we can earn on our own merits.
2 comments:
As my own son has just embarked on his full-time missionary service, I just want to say "thank you". Missionaries are the most wonderful of
God's children -- for they sacrifice much to serve Him and His children.
tDMg
Congratulations on almost completing serving a faithful full-time mission. I know that Heavenly Father is well pleased with the humble service in His vineyard that you have given over the past two years. Please remember; however, that even though you may have "volunteered" to serve a mission, it was truly the Lord who called you to be one of His servants to carry His Truth to the world.
Please also remember that your mission is actually a beginning, not an ending of, other great work that the Lord has prepared for you to do so long as you are faithful and obedient to do His will for your life.
Once you arrive home, take time to reunite with the family and to get reacquainted with old friends, but never loose sight of the fact that the field is ripe until harvest and there yet remains a great work to do. The mission does not end upon returning home, it continues on for the rest of your life. THe work will never be finished until the Great Jehovah shall say "THe Work is Done!" God bless.
Keith L. Brown
Annapolis Maryland Ward
High Priest Group Leader
Post a Comment