![]() |
| My brothers Jared and Grant |
...of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! -Romans 10:15 Following the footsteps of Victor & Janell Moxley and publishing peace, good tidings, and salvation through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Saturday, September 18, 2010
The Two Sons
One of Jesus Christ's teachings that has really influenced me was the story of the two sons in Matthew 21 verses 28 through 32. He explained that one of the two sons was told to go work, and cheerfully agreed and then didn't help out. The other son was asked to help and he refused, but then went and helped. Jesus asked which son did the will of his father, and made it clear that it was the one who actually got to work despite his earlier refusal.
Jesus also taught that if we will do the will of our Father in heaven that we can return to live with him. Of course we don't always want to do his will and follow the commandments, and usually can't at first. I know at times I have been like that. From experience I've learned that we can be like the better son, and do what the Lord expects of us, even if we don't want to or even fail at first. After some discouraging times in life, when I didn't choose to do what is right, I found that things can always improve. We can choose to keep the commandments again, and see that our lives will improve. Jesus Christ made it so that we call all repent, and because of the things he did for us, God will forgive us of our initial refusal, and remember what we did as we followed Jesus Christ.

No comments:
Post a Comment