Monday, January 17, 2011

Returned with Honor

Over the weekend, in a rather hectic trip over to the post office to ship a package, I ran into a return missionary who baptized one of the great guys that I taught as an online missionary when I had barely started out back in March 2010. In fact, Jon, to whom he helped me extend the opportunity to be baptized in Jesus Christ's name, also gained answers about our purpose in life, that only come from Jesus Christ's gospel.

Part of online missionary work is that we rely so much on the missionaries who are there in person.  Learning about the gospel on the internet is a wonderful opportunity thanks to the technology that we have today.  However, it only does so much compared to face-to-face contact.  Missionaries like Elder Kirkpatrick and his companions brought a face to the gospel for Jon.   Along with myself, they shared our purpose and how to have the joy that comes from following Jesus Christ and his servants he's sent to guide us today.
Whether you're ready to meet representative of Jesus Christ face-to-face, or would like to learn a bit first, we can help.

1 comment:

Lois Hammond said...

I remember how pleased your family was when the fellow you were teaching decided to get baptsied. I have no doubt your family was praying for the work you were doing. You too were praying, as was Elder Kirkpatrick. Missionaries, whether in person or online, are an important part of any church's outreach, but their work is insignificant and ineffective unless God also acts. If we want to spread the news that Jesus died for all and that salvation is possible through him, we need to be on our knees praying. If we want to understand what God requires of us, we also need to pray and to read his Word.

Yes, Elder Moxley, the feet that bring the good news of Jesus are beautiful, no matter how damaged they may appear to mankind. I am glad you are doing the best you know how to spread that message. Keep praying. Keep searching the Bible. Share the wonderful news of God's grace. People want to know about that grace.

Post a Comment