Saturday, November 12, 2011

November 2009

Between Colfax and Pullman, WA both of my front tires
popped. Having only one spare tire, I had to do this with my other
front tire. It held enough pressure to keep me from driving on my rim.
I limped at 10 mph to the Pullman. After 45 minutes of limping, I
pulled up to Les Schwabb. The manager, seeing my predicament, quoted
me an exorbitant price. I stepped away and called up the other two
tire stores that offered 40% less than les Schwabb. I asked the
manager if he could match their price and, looking again at my duct
tape tire, said they couldn't. I walked back to my car and started to
drive off to the other store. The manager then jogged up to my car,
tapped on my window and agreed to match their price. Now I carry black
duct tape in my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment