Friday, November 5, 2010

From the Fridge at Home

Ljubi Sin, [Dear Son]
Cleaning up things that were so important they stay on the fridge, I ran across this.  I thought I’d pass it along to you – Maybe it will help with a blog.  I hope when my children are reminiscing they remember that their mother always did her share and more.  I truly feel that work must be important.  Can’t help myself.  I always get it done and could never leave it for another to do.  Your dad’s dedication to work has blessed our family beyond measure.  Our security and financial Our security and financial well being is the result of his sacrifice and work.
Zmaj Mati [Dragon Mom]

The kitchen at home

Thoughts on the value of WORK
“When you work for the Lord, the retirement benefits are out of this world.”
“Perhaps the most valuable of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not.”
“People who fail to achieve what they want in life don’t want it badly enough to do the hard work.  There just ain’t no golden chariot that will take you there.”
“Triumph is just umph added to try”
“There is no man living who isn’t capable of doing more than he thinks he can do.”
“If you work for a man, in heaven’s name work for him: speak well of him and stand by the institution he represents.  Remember an ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness.”
A woman saw a violinist after his concert and said “I would give half my life to be able to play as you do.”  “That, Madam,” the violinist replied, “is exactly what I have given to do it.”
“It is better to wear out than to rust out”
“The slow and listless worker is the first one to be laid off.  And the quick and alert worker is the first to be given a higher position.  Two-thirds of ‘promotion’ consists of ‘motion’.”
“The smallest good deed is better than the largest good intention.”
President Hinckley “I believe in the gospel of work.  Work is the miracle by which talent is brought to the surface and dreams become reality.  There is simply no substitute under the heavens for productive labor.  It is the process by which idle visions become achievements.  I suppose we are all inherently lazy.  We would rather play than work.  A little play and a little loafing are good.  But it is work that spells the difference in the life of a man or a woman or a child.  Children who are taught to work and to enjoy the fruits of that labor have a great advantage as they grow toward maturity. Nothing of real substance comes without work.  There must be work, and what a great and wonderful privilege it is.”

This was visible up on our fridge before I even left on my mission.  This wisdom on our fridge was not ignored.  My parents certainly both very lovingly displayed an example of hard work which they passed on to my siblings and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment