Saturday, October 2, 2010

My Mom's Profile


Within minutes of watching the Saturday afternoon session of LDS General Conference I was back on my computer, doing more to be ready for Monday's missionary work, and adding some of my ideas from the talks to my profile on Mormon.org.  I've procrastinated on it quite a bit, because I haven't quite felt right about submitting what I have so far.  As soon as I saved it, the first page to come up was my mother's profile (to see it Click Here).   After hearing Elder Jeffrey R Holland's comments this morning on his mission, and all the things his parents sacrificed for him, so that he could go, so that he could be there, and so that he could be prepared for his next mission when he came home, this hit me harder.  I'm incredibly grateful for all that my mother has done for me so I can be here, and as Elder Holland illustrated, I doubt I could imagine all that my mother and my father have done for me so far so that I can be here, and all that they are doing for me now.  I'm glad I saw this pleasant surprise from my mother, and that I was able to see her testimony online and her effort to support me on my mission.

2 comments:

Carol Ann said...

Worth every moment, every effort to have you as Ljubjeni Sin and on your mission. Bikes are on their way. I expect the RC will have bikes by Monday. Some assembly required, but you can do it.

Elder Victor Moxley said...

Here is the link to Elder Holland's talk I was referring to. It was my favorite talk from this last conference.
http://new.lds.org/general-conference/2010/10/because-of-your-faith?lang=eng

Post a Comment