Saturday, October 9, 2010

Really a Plan of Happiness

Last November while I was serving as a missionary Slovenia, my mission president called me to let me know that my grandmother had died the night before.
  At the time I was walking around a beautiful park in the capital, called Tivoli.  I was with my first missionary companion and we were conversing with the people we met in the park.  We hoped we meet someone who was ready to learn about God’s plan and how they could know it is true.
When my mission president called, he read an email from my mom that explained how she died.  My mother also explained what she knew about God’s plan, and how she knows that God really does care for us after we die.
It's an amazing comfort to know that the plan is in place that will make it so the rest of my family can be with her again. I know she is watching us, and that even though everyone in my family misses her, we won't have to miss her forever. I spent the rest of that week working super hard to help other people know God's plan for us, I had much more success than earlier in the day.  At that point, God’s plan and the hope it brings how they won't have to miss their loved one's after this life either.
Elder Meza had more to say about the hope we can have about death is his blog: Let's chat: And it must come to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment