"Do what I say, not what I do."We can all be guilty of this sort of hypocrisy at times when we expect more from others than from ourselves. Instead we should be an example in all that we do.
"Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:" (1 Peter 2:21)
Jesus Christ taught that we should extend prayer and fellowship to all of those who come to us and stand in need:
"And behold, ye shall meet together oft; and ye shall not forbid any man from coming unto you when ye shall meet together, but suffer them that they may come unto you and forbid them not; But ye shall pray for them, and shall not cast them out; and if it so be that they come unto you oft ye shall pray for them unto the Father, in my name." (3 Nephi 18:22-23)
An example of prayer,
"...Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up—that which ye have seen me do. Behold ye see that I have prayed unto the Father, and ye all have witnessed." (3 Nephi 18:24)
An example of fellowship,
"And ye see that I have commanded that none of you should go away, but rather have commanded that ye should come unto me, that ye might feel and see; even so shall ye do unto the world; and whosoever breaketh this commandment suffereth himself to be led into temptation." (3 Nephi 18:25)
"...Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up—that which ye have seen me do. Behold ye see that I have prayed unto the Father, and ye all have witnessed." (3 Nephi 18:24)
An example of fellowship,
"And ye see that I have commanded that none of you should go away, but rather have commanded that ye should come unto me, that ye might feel and see; even so shall ye do unto the world; and whosoever breaketh this commandment suffereth himself to be led into temptation." (3 Nephi 18:25)
And and example of obedience,
"I must go unto my Father that I may fulfil other commandments which he hath given me." (3 Nephi 18:27)
Our Savior demonstrated that example is the very best way to teach. This is as the very heart of his gospel.
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do;" (3 Nephi 27:21)
"I must go unto my Father that I may fulfil other commandments which he hath given me." (3 Nephi 18:27)
Our Savior demonstrated that example is the very best way to teach. This is as the very heart of his gospel.
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do;" (3 Nephi 27:21)
Jesus Christ's example is so vital, that we cannot be saved unless we follow him. (2 Nephi 31:16)
No comments:
Post a Comment